Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring is so nice!








I had heard that spring was nice, but living in south Louisiana, I haven't had much experience with it. This year, all that has changed. What a glorious season! The green onion seeds were so pretty, and the calendula bloomed long enough that the Victoria Blue salvia regenerated next to it.



Next came the amaryllis and the irises ... I can't ever remember which arrives first, but the eye-popping irises are spent while I still have a couple of showy amaryllis blooms gracing my yard. The irises have gotten so thick that they are choking an Old Blush rose bush ... I am hoping that it's not too late to save the rose, but I couldn't resist letting the irises run their magnificent purple course this fantastic spring.



Now it's back to the voodoo gardening ... 11 p.m. and time to water the flowers!








No comments:

Post a Comment